Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Presentations

Unforunately have missed out on many of the class presentations, but from the few that I have seen I can say that the world has a lot of doctors on the way. One of the presentations that sticks out to me is the very first one. I think the whole concept of making sire the patient really understands the doctors is saying is key. As shown with the two illustrations of the phrase a dog eating chicken it shows that many things we say and do can be interpreted in many ways. For example the classic case of is the glass half full or half empty. As far as communication between doctors and patients I think the real problem comes in is when yo go to the ER. There the people don't know you and sometimes seems that they really prefer not to. when it comes to psychologist I think the tone a voice one uses could have a effect on the flow of the conversation between doctor and patient. Not to many people respond well to people who seem to be snappy. At the same time body language can also play a role because the doctor has to seem interested in the the conversation and the patient. All in all I think the presentations I've seen have gone well and many have helped me with more paper.

No comments: